Any eligible member of the Credit Union is entitled to seek membership of the Board of Directors or of the Board Oversight Committee.
The provisions of the Credit Union Act 1997 (as amended) state that all candidates for the Board of Directors/Board Oversight Committee must be proposed through the Nomination Committee: no person can put themselves directly forward for election at the AGM. Under the Fitness and Probity Regime set out in the Central Bank Reform Act 2010, the Nomination Committee has primary responsibility for ensuring that members with the necessary skills and experience are available to fill vacancies that arise on the Board of Directors and the Board Oversight Committee. The Nomination Committee is also responsible for accepting nominations, carrying out due diligence under the Fitness & Probity Regime and making proposals of suitable candidates for election.
Procedures regarding Nominations
- Nominations must be in writing and be signed by the proposer and seconder.
- Nomination forms are available at the Credit Union offices.
- Both the proposer and seconder must be members of the Credit Union.
- The nominations must also be signed by the nominee, who must agree to the nomination.
- The nominee must be a member of the Credit Union and be 18 years of age or over.
- Completed nomination forms should be sent by post or delivered by hand, addressed to the Nomination Committee, Ardee Credit Union Ltd., Market Street, Ardee, Co. Louth
- Members who wish to be nominated for positions on the Board of Directors or the Board Oversight Committee are advised to submit their nomination proposed and seconded, well in advance of the General Meeting at which they wish to be proposed, to allow the nomination committee time to carry out their duties.
The closing date for nominations for the vacancies arising at Annual General Meeting 2019 is Saturday 23rd November 2019.