A credit union loan has some very special features:
- Loans are insured at no direct cost to the eligible member
- No hidden fees or transaction charges
- Very reasonable interest rates
- Repayments calculated on the reducing balance of the loan. This means smaller interest repayments as you repay your loan
- Repayment terms to suit your particular circumstances
- No penalty for repaying the loan earlier than agreed, making larger or lump sum repayments
How much does a Credit Union Loan cost?
Ardee Credit Union currently has an interest rate of 8.99% (subject to change) APR 9.4% . However, it should be noted that by law a credit union cannot charge more than 1% per month on the reducing balance of your loan. This means at present a €1,000 loan repaid monthly, over one year currently will cost you a maximum interest payment of €49.30.
Unlike other financial institutions there are no fees or transaction charges.
Please note: All loans are subject to approval. Terms and conditions apply.
If you do not meet the agreed repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating for future borrowing.
Notice: Under the Credit Reporting Act 2013 lenders are required to provide personal and credit information for credit applications and credit agreements of €500 and above to the Central Credit Register. This information will be held on the Central Credit Register and may be used by other lenders when making decisions on your credit applications and credit agreements.